ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion on epaddon's FanFiction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Discussion on epaddon's FanFiction Reply with quote

Here you can post all you like on epaddon's FanFiction: words of praise, comments, suggestions...

Marcel
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the first chapter, and now I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

A very good story about Apollo & Sheba. It touched on something I had always wondered about, how would Boxey feel about Apollo dating/possibly marrying his stepfather. I'm sure there would have been jealousy, and I'm sure Boxey would have felt like Apollo was dishonoring his mother's memory by getting sealed with someone else.

Only question is in the coordinates six-six-six. I don't know how they did coordinates in BSG. It seems like you would need two numbers as in Star Trek. One is a circle like around your belt that gives a horizontal direction. The other circle is like the tire on a car that gives a vertical direction.

Now I'm not saying six-six-six is wrong, I'm just trying to determine your criteria.

Other than that question, good stuff!!!

Maybe I'll ask Anne how Sheba would have handled Boxey being jealous of her when she was around Apollo...
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked that. A heading of 6-6-6.

EP, you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. I admit I'm not well-versed in the technical side of things, but I think as the story progresses, you will see that I had a specific reason for settling on that particular set of numbers. Smile
LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: The Derelict-chapter one Reply with quote

LOL at this part!--
Quote:
Apollo smiled thinly as he realized what she meant and glanced over at her. "You have a great way with words, Sheba. And you're right, if we do this, we do it together."

"My recommendation though is that we don't."

So it looks as though Apollo gets a chance to be possessed/influenced. What's good for the goose . . . Looking forward to seeing how that comes off.

Oh, and I'm wondering if you're going to mention that Sheba reacted somewhat similarly when her own father started dating again. Except, of course, she wasn't six yahrens old. Something her and Boxey share. Wink

Lisa
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me start by saying that I've never loved anything besides the real thing. I loved the TV series, I loved the studio brought out publications/press photos but besides that I was never interested in any "side products" from my favorite series.

I didn't collect the toys, glasses, bedsheets, comics, trading cards or even the books written by Richard. For me the magic was in the original series: the stories, the film, the images, no more, no less.

Anything besides that I (in my opinion) have always seen as: crap, a cheap copy/imitation that never matched the original. I don't believe in copying the models, making myself a Cylon suit or sowing a warrior costume, filming my own fan story or writing one... Other fans may find great joy in doing this themselves or supporting this cause, but it wasn't what I was interested in.

Enough bashing: bare with me, now comes the good part! Smile

The idea to include fanfiction on the forum/site was for me more something I thought other fans might be interesting in (not me, see reasons above). As Site Admin/Webmaster you of course need to see what you include on your website, because it can't be bullshit or something you don't agree upon. So for the first time ever I started reading the fanfiction now posted on the website by Eric and Andrew.

WOW!

I had said to myself I'd read one chapter and leave it at that. Well, I started at 11 pm and went to bed at 2 am (and it wasn't because I had difficulty reading just one chapter!). From the first chapter on in Eric's story it was like everything continued where the series had stopped in "Hand of God"! Apollo and Sheba returning to the Celestial Dome gave me goose bumps. The choice of words and the description of all that happened, felt so natural, so much in the sense of the actual series, that I could close my eyes and see it happen. It was like seeing the deleted scenes on the DVD setů finally some new material after all these years! I have, with great joy, read most of both stories. Before I go into the discussion of the stories I first like to thank both guys for the eye opener and adding a new dimension to Galactica I had not touched upon until now. Great work, you both have a real talent! Please add some links to the rest, because I'd love to read more!

Marcel
epaddon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind word, Marcel! Ever since I started writing fanfic in the early 90s, trying to give it a ring of authenticity in terms of making it read like an actual episode would play out has always been my first goal. It kind of helps that I've seen the episodes so many times over the years that it gives you a greater level of confidence in anticipating what the characters would say and how they'd say it.

The rest of our VS project from episode #1 on can be found at this link.

http://www.galacticafanfic.com/stories/season2.html

I have also contributed a number of adaptations of original series episodes in which I try to make adjustments to the stories in clearing up plotholes and tightening the continuity better so that the first season can read more like one sweeping epic, but always maintaining the voice and integrity of how the show was first broadcast. 13 of 17 episodes are finished (not in sequence) and you can see them by scrolling down to the section "Battlestar Galactica Episode Stories by Eric Paddon."

http://www.galacticafanfic.com/stories/bsgfan.html
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have read the books by Hatch, and they are ok. Well, except for the affair that Apollo had with Cassiopeia. But that's IF you take it in stride that it's many yahrn later and it's more like a next generation episode. This is a more what if then any real feeling of what could actually happen.

I've also listened to Sandy's audiobook and have enjoyed that as well. It's more of lets see what happened during the same time through a different pair of eyes.

I've also read the novelization of BSG. I guess that's really book 1. I'd like to read the other books, but they are so expensive. They do turn up on ebay, but for big bucks. It paints a clearer picture of what happens during the pilot, and I think of it as more or less cannon.

I've only read the first chapter, but I agree with Marcel in what he said that this is where Hand of God left off.

Kudos!
Mike
epaddon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike!
epaddon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new story "Distant Memories" a tale of how Commander Cain met Sheba's mother is now up and ready for your reading pleasure and comments!
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing a young Cain is so cool!

Now, Sheba as a kid?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, not prepared to go down that path yet! Anyway, thanks.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Maggie and Zaz ghost write.....????

Twisted Evil

epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember though, even if June Lockhart's playing her mom, the young Sheba is not to have a pet daggit named Lassie! Very Happy
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Colonial for "killjoy"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: