ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LZaza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Weird Reply with quote

Anyone notice the sudden rush of new members in May, and then the fact that none of them posted? At all? Where are you all? Rolling Eyes
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they were abducted by a UFO? Laughing

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
LZaza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the whole list was? Some kind of plot?

Actually . . . maybe it was us who were abducted? And now we think we're the only two people left in the AL Forum.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...we're in The Village?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't your bouncing ball supposed to come around when we discover something interesting? Is that the right show? I admit, it was a long time ago I saw that . . .

"I am not a number!"
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rover, Rover, send Zaza right over...

LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a pub in this Village? All this running from bouncing balls is making me thirsty. Laughing
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right around the corner.
Be seeing you...

LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I could stay in here forever. Rover can't get through the door! Laughing
epaddon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've really noticed this kind of thing across the board in many Galactica forums. "Battlestar Pacifica" which I was involved with for a number of years closed down abruptly one day and Colonial Fleets which is probably the most long-standing of message boards has slowed down to almost no activity. I think a lot of that has to do with the burnout some of us feel now that we've kind of crossed the point of no return in that we know there's never going to be any kind of continuation project for us to hang any hope on. Just my two cubits at least.
LZaza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, nice to see you round these parts, Eric.

Yeah, I can see your point. I suppose for me it's different because I rediscovered Galactica so recently--comparatively--that the continuation project was something I never really considered. To me, BSG was rediscovered through fanfiction, and will live on through fanfiction.

So tell me . . . was this the list you referred to recently that you mentioned had died due to apathy? Or was it Pacifica? I admit, I was wondering.
epaddon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Pacifica. Things just really grinded to a halt there and the owner of it just one day pulled the plug with no advance warning. For a while Pacifica was our outlet where we could let loose and rip and bash GINO since other places like Colonial Fleets had banned all discussion or mention of it (after an earlier experience where there was total civil war among GINO fans and haters). Then, the apathy I think just set in general across all Galactica message boards and it ended up taking down Pacifica altogether.

The fanfic group has the luxury of not being able to fall victim to that syndrome because new stories always give the members something to talk about and is what drives the discussion.
epaddon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's interesting Lisa how you talk about rediscovering Galactica only recently. For me the rediscovery took place in 1992 when the Sci-Fi Channel started airing the show after it had disappeared from syndication for some time and seeing the show again then was what motivated me to write my first fanfic story (which I don't recommend anyone read). And within a few years I'd found the first discussion board, but this was at a time when continuation was so viable because we were just fifteen years removed from the series, only Lorne Greene had passed away, and everyone still seemed ready and able to do it when the word came down. And sadly that day never came. Today it astonishes me that I have been involved in fanfic writing for more years (16) than had elapsed since Galactica's cancellation when I got started (13). And I guess now that we've reached that generational shift where more key people have left us (Colicos, Bridges), the cast has aged, and sadly GINO has KILLED all the momentum we were building up in the preceding decade to get Galactica accepted in sci-fi circles as a bona fide classic, it has taken something out of us for those who've been around longer in fandom.
LZaza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've joined a few other forums recently and have noticed there isn't much in the way of action there, even by the moderators.

Discussion is more general and less BSG relevant. That was one of the things I really enjoyed about AL when I joined it. We've had some great discussions on many topics, all pertinent to BSG.
epaddon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately when there are a finite number of participants, there's only so much you can say about the show it seems. Often it takes a bigger pool of people to try and generate things further and take them to other tangents.

I am glad I was able to contribute some things to the moderators that helped make the overall site more comprehensive in terms of a place to learn more about AL's career. The newspaper article reprints that appear in the meda section came to me from my access to a newspaper data base where I found articles about her from as far back as when she was four years old and cast in her first film project.

If the moderators would return, there are ways of updating other parts of the site such as better images of AL from some of the TV guest shots of hers that have been released on DVD in the past couple years. And I hope they make it possible for us to submit more questions to Anne in the future since that's been another nice feature of the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: