ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's your favorite scene with Sheba?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: What's your favorite scene with Sheba? Reply with quote

I personally liked her most in the scene in the Ship of Lights where Apollo died.

I also liked the scene were she guided Count Iblis around the ship. Ending in the Agroculture ship with the famous cut out scene where Count Iblis says: "Don't worry, nothing can harm you as long as I'm inside you!"

Smile

Marcel
epaddon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tie for me between her scene with Apollo in "Hand Of God" where they finally kiss, and her priceless brush-off of Starbuck in LL, "You wouldn't want me to throw the mission just to avoid losing the bet."
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
her priceless brush-off of Starbuck in LL

What about in WOTG when they are on the planet and the colors are all wrong and Starbuck says to Apollo and Sheba "You should take a look at you two" and Sheba says "Really, I've never seen you look better".

My favorite was in the Living Legend when Apollo was in the Pegasus's officers club. He talks to Sheba, and this really is where we see that she is tough as nails. She stands up to him and gives him as good as she gets. We see them fighting over their father's battle philosophies. You just knew they were going to fall in love as much as they seemed to hate each other at that point.
epaddon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charting the underlying attraction between the two right from the beginning in "Living Legend" is one reason why I find the story possibilities of further developing that relationship post-HOG so fascinating. By contrast, you never really got a full measure IMO of how Apollo and Serina just happened to gravitate toward each other. Yes, we saw Apollo being kind to Boxey but in terms of attraction and love for each other in "Saga Of A Star World" it wasn't really that evident (especially because it was being shot under the premise that Serina was dying and looking at Apollo to be the one to look after her son).
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epaddon wrote:
By contrast, you never really got a full measure IMO of how Apollo and Serina just happened to gravitate toward each other. Yes, we saw Apollo being kind to Boxey but in terms of attraction and love for each other in "Saga Of A Star World" it wasn't really that evident (especially because it was being shot under the premise that Serina was dying and looking at Apollo to be the one to look after her son).

I don't agree here. In "Saga of a Star World" we see Serina approach Apollo to help her son. His affection touches her and we see a start of a blossoming romance. In "Lost Planet of the Gods" the chemistry and fireworks between Apollo and Serina is very present. There's a romantic spark and signs of real love as they bicker over the fact that Serina joined to become a viper pilot. It's first class drama that follows the couple from their fight in Apollo's quarter, to a romantic sealing ceremony, to the very tragic shooting of Serina at the end of the episode. All of Apollo's friends gather in the hallway in mourning while he visits Serina's bedside with Boxey for a sad and horrible goodbye.

Though there's an attraction between Apollo and Sheba that ends in a minor spark in Hand of God, it doesn't come close to the love story between Apollo and Serina as told in the first couple of episodes. The tragic death of Apollo in "War of the Gods" comes close, but for me it was Starbuck's speech, who wants to trade his own life for that of his friend, that really grabbed me. Sheba does show her (still hidden) love for Apollo here, but only after she saw the true face of Count Iblis and him giving up his life for her. It was very much still a one sided love at that time (Apollo does show signs of jealousy towards Count Iblis).
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly present in LPOTG. I wouldn't deny that. I just felt that it wasn't quite as evident in Saga.

I think the first signs of Apollo's attraction for Sheba can be seen in LL with his reaction to Cain's showing the hologram of her, "If I'd met that young lady, I'd certainly remember." and then afterwards he seems particularly anxious to seek her out in the Officers Club.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epaddon wrote:
It's certainly present in LPOTG. I wouldn't deny that. I just felt that it wasn't quite as evident in Saga.

I think the first signs of Apollo's attraction for Sheba can be seen in LL with his reaction to Cain's showing the hologram of her, "If I'd met that young lady, I'd certainly remember." and then afterwards he seems particularly anxious to seek her out in the Officers Club.

I honestly got the impression that his first "interest" in her was professional. After all, even the Cylons couldn't outfly him, yet she came close to singing his astrum. If I were a hot pilot, I'd want to meet someone like that as well. The fact that her father is the Colonial equivalent of God probably didn't hurt either. I see Apollo at this time as still wrapped up in his guilt feelings about Serina, and not seeking female refreshment.
In his place, I would also want to meet and pick the brains of someone who stayed alive for two yahrens without support in enemy territory. Apollo is not so proud that he cannot admit his need to always be ready to learn.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professional would be the only reason he would admit to himself at that point. Subliminally, I think there was an attraction that he wasn't willing to admit at that point.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly, but he certainly concealed it well. But then Apollo is very good at wearing his mask in front of others, especially subordinates.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
LZaza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always felt that the scene between Apollo and Sheba in the Cylon Raider in the Hand of God where they first kissed, had Apollo looking a bit like a deer caught in the head lights. Very Happy
I understand Sheba wanting to make her feelings for him known at that time, especially with the potential that Apollo might not return from the 'suicide mission', but I think that if Apollo was steering the ship, he would have continued at a slower, more cautious pace, especially with Serina's death not that far behind him. And more importantly, considering Boxey's feelings.
I'm not sure he was ready for that kiss. But it was well done, none the less, and I love how Sheba took charge of the situation.
Smile

Lisa
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND, how she and Cassie stood side by side, in the Celestial Dome, watching the Raider take off, talking about love. No more animosity between them. Healing.
Great scene.

LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That animosity between Sheba and Cassie was always one way. Cassie always seemed very empathetic about Sheba's reaction to her when she was seeing Cain. She was more mature emotionally than Sheba if not chronologically. And Sheba seemed to do a lot of growing up during the course of the Living Legend. Another good trait of the character was that she realized when she was wrong, and changed her behavior accordingly.
I wonder if she would have matured and evolved the same had she still been under the influence of her father. It was almost as though when she lost him, it opened up her eyes in many ways.

Lisa
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. As long as Sheba remained in Cain's shadow, her growth to maturity would always be on hold. After all, he could offer her nothing but a life of endless fighting, with no resolution or change in sight. And I doubt anyone on the Pegasus would risk trying to "date" her, when they all have the same CO. Only by transferring to the Galactica was she able to resume the path towards maturity stalled many yahrens before.
And, whether she realized it or not, Cassie was the catalyst of that.

LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So . . . the question could now be, how would she react if Cain came back from the unknown? Would she revert to old patterns and want to once again be at his side, or would she maintain her position on the Galactica, away from his direct influence? Could have some fun with that. Wink Planning on it actually. Twisted Evil

Lisa
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil one, you!

She would feel torn, I am sure. If sealed to Apollo, I think it would be less of a crux for her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: