ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'd change it if I could . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAD wrote:
Senmut wrote:
SEXIST!

You sexist p...uh...sow!

LOL!

But who else were in your teams to support Sheba and Athena (or were these mere side characters)?

The relevant quote is...

===============
most of the pilots on
furlon were gathered in the Battlestar's triad court. Here, tonight, was
the premiere of the new "women's league", as opposed to the men's teams, the brainchild of Sheba, in response to a smartastrum remark by Starbuck. Sheba and Dietra were blue team, with Athena, who'd reached end of watch on the bridge and barely made it to the locker room in time, and Brie for red. Like their male counterparts, the ladies played hard, and took no prisoners. By the end of round one, it was even, two points to each team. Sheba felt as if she'd crashed (and rolled) her Viper, twice, and one of the reds looked like a refugee from Life Station, but they would brook no retreat.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senmut wrote:

The relevant quote is...

===============
most of the pilots on
furlon were gathered in the Battlestar's triad court. Here, tonight, was
the premiere of the new "women's league", as opposed to the men's teams, the brainchild of Sheba, in response to a smartastrum remark by Starbuck. Sheba and Dietra were blue team, with Athena, who'd reached end of watch on the bridge and barely made it to the locker room in time, and Brie for red. Like their male counterparts, the ladies played hard, and took no prisoners. By the end of round one, it was even, two points to each team. Sheba felt as if she'd crashed (and rolled) her Viper, twice, and one of the reds looked like a refugee from Life Station, but they would brook no retreat.

Isn't it Deitra in stead of Dietra (unless we're talking about different persons Wink). Cool teams though. Loved to have seen Brie play Triad (purely from sexist pig point of view Twisted Evil )
LZaza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brie playing Triad, eh? Yeah, I can see it. Her eyes would be closed, and she'd be adjusting her costume and twirling her hair around a finger . . . Very Happy

So where's the relevant quote for the costumes you designed, Pierre? Now this I have to see.
epaddon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my adaptation stories of the original series episodes pretty much summarize what I would change while retaining the basic plotlines of every episode. I would put in more foreshadowing of later episodes to give the series more of the kind of broader sweep we see in today's shows. And I would also give more screen time for Sheba since she doesn't get much to do between WOTG and HOG.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, anyone on here who wishes to contribute to the VS, is welcome to use the Ladies League. It's hardly patented.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually saw women's triad in another story, non-VS. Starbuck, after being seriously injured, was coaching women's triad (along with being a Bridge Officer). I believe it was called Immortality. Great Starbuckian story.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the ball goes in, does someone shout "There can be only one!"?????

LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Very Happy

The women did play in courts that had less gravity than those illustrated in the original, enabling them to do some incredible moves. Was a very creative spin on the original.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Incredible moves".
Hhmm...

epaddon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor things to change. Make sure there's a memo at the outset with the standardization for Colonial terms "centon" etc. in place from the beginning. No slip-ups like Adar and Cassie saying "years" in Saga. Also, while I'm not among those who pays much attention to the science of Galactica, I think some broader clarification on how fast the Fleet moves and what distinguishes their concept of "light speed" from our own would have saved the show from some of the criticism it got from certain critics (not that Trek was ever much better in its scientific realism).
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAD wrote:

Isn't it Deitra in stead of Dietra (unless we're talking about different persons Wink). Cool teams though. Loved to have seen Brie play Triad (purely from sexist pig point of view Twisted Evil )

Hey, let's roll in the mud together! Very Happy

Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epaddon wrote:
Well, my adaptation stories of the original series episodes pretty much summarize what I would change while retaining the basic plotlines of every episode. I would put in more foreshadowing of later episodes to give the series more of the kind of broader sweep we see in today's shows. And I would also give more screen time for Sheba since she doesn't get much to do between WOTG and HOG.

And Maren Jensen, too.

epaddon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheba and Dietra would defeat all opponents! Athena I can see growing frustrated with Brie and trying to broker a trade with another team for a new partner. Smile
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they draft, in professional Triad???

epaddon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if there's a primary school or college level league to draw new talent from!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: