ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hardy Boys-"Mystery Of The African Safari"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Hardy Boys-"Mystery Of The African Safari" Reply with quote

This first of Anne's two appearances on "Hardy Boys" had a VHS release some years ago and I just got hold of a used copy from amazon.com (it's part of Season 2, which alas is unreleased on DVD). Fairly good episode and some interesting foreshadowings of Anne's portrayal of Sheba since she plays a character devoted to her father (in this case, a renowned African hunter played by Stuart Whitman).

I wish I could get a tape of her second Hardy Boys appearance, especially after I noticed the screencaps on this site!
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (very) vaguely remember it. Was it a two-part ep?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second episode she did is the two parter, not this one.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.
Senility.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Hardy Boys-"Mystery Of The African Safari" Reply with quote

epaddon wrote:
I wish I could get a tape of her second Hardy Boys appearance, especially after I noticed the screencaps on this site!

I got these from a Hardy Boys fansite. They had like 50 screencaps of each episode (probably taped from TV, some had the TV logo). I just got these with Anne from both episodes she guest starred in. We haven't seen the actual episodes either nor do we have it on tape. From "Mystery Of The African Safari" they only had one good shot of Anne (actually two, but they're very similar)
epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two used copies available of "African Safari" from a used outlet through Amazon.com at a very good price ($9). For those who'd like to see this hard to find appearance of Anne (since Universal is not apt to release Season 2 of Hardy Boys anytime soon), I'd recommend getting it through here (the copy I got a year ago cost a lot more!).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6300184366/sr=1-7/qid=1164522336/ref=sr_1_7/002-8596124-4960821?ie=UTF8&s=video
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This first appearance on Hardy Boys is FINALLY coming to DVD as Universal is FINALLY after two years releasing Season 2 of "Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries." Not only will we be getting Anne's appearance in "Mystery Of The African Safari" we'll also be getting guest shots by other soon-to-be Galactica cast members Lorne Greene (Hardy Boys And Nancy Drew Meety Dracula), John Colicos and Maren Jensen!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6972

Time for me to throw away that VHS copy!
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: