ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who, if not Apollo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll finally give a serious answer to this question that I've avoided doing because the answer doesn't violate my belief that Apollo and Sheba are always an item with each other.

The only scenario I would envision Sheba ending up with another man would be in the context of first being with Apollo, and then losing him as the result of he gets killed in some mission. And then she ends up with someone on the rebound.

And there are two ways I could construct the scenario of recovering on the rebound. If Sheba retains her sense of duty and doesn't feel emotionally destroyed by the tragedy, she eventually finds someone nice in the Fleet, not necessarily a warrior (meaning I wouldn't limit myself).

OTOH, if Sheba became emotionally dead inside because of such a tragedy I could see a scenario where say, Sheba at some later date, is on some mission or some other adventure on another planet where she ends up meeing some handsome male human from that planet who falls for her and vice versa and she decides that after all the misery and tragedies she's gone through in losing her father and then losing Apollo, she'd rather just escape from the horrors and pressures of the war and stay on the planet with her new romance then go back to the Fleet and hopefully live happily ever after.

Those would be the only scenarios I'd envision. Neither is preferrable for me, but they're the only alternate universes I could reasonably envision depending on how things unfolded.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...what he said.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading LZaza's story "Throw Me a Line", I envisioned some dating between Starbuck and Sheba. I believe they'd make a nice couple. Starbuck has a though one with Cassiopeia, but I wonder who'd have the pants on in a relationship between Starbuck and Sheba. Both being tough as nails would clash in the end, but I think it would have been at least interesting to explore. Also in relationship to Apollo. What would his reaction be? Would he be jaleous? How would it affect their friendship?
LZaza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAD wrote:
After reading LZaza's story "Throw Me a Line", I envisioned some dating between Starbuck and Sheba. I believe they'd make a nice couple. Starbuck has a though one with Cassiopeia, but I wonder who'd have the pants on in a relationship between Starbuck and Sheba. Both being tough as nails would clash in the end, but I think it would have been at least interesting to explore. Also in relationship to Apollo. What would his reaction be? Would he be jaleous? How would it affect their friendship?

I think I love you. Shocked Very Happy
Seriously, Starbuck offers the opposite end of the spectrum from Apollo. He's the bad boy. And from the female perspective, it's an enticing short term plan. I could see Starbuck and Sheba, in the right circumstances, having a brief, torrid affair. But they would never go the distance. Well, maybe if they were marooned on a planet together. Wink Then they'd have no choice.
As for Apollo's take on that, it would depend on where he was with Sheba. In my story, it would be Starbuck's committment to Cassie that would keep them from going any further, not so much Apollo, since the Captain would have only shown a slight interest in Sheba, and wouldn't have made any 'moves' towards her. He'd probably still be choked at Starbuck, but would likely realize that he really had no claims on Sheba.
epaddon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my own negative reaction to the whole idea of Apollo-Cassie pairing that was done in Hatch's novels is the reason why I'd never be comfortable likewise with Sheba and any other regular character. In the two scenarios I constructed of a post-Apollo death relationship, I would only envision a total stranger, which is also my own personal preference for who Athena should ultimately end up with (though the VS has us going in a different direction on that point).
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also tend to think that Athena might at some point give Sheba a head's up on Starbuck, and something of his track record. After all, Athena is part of the debris left behind in the wake of the Starbuck tsunami..

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
LZaza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, as I pointed out clearly, I don't see Starbuck as a long-term relationship for Sheba. I just think that a woman who stares death in the face for a job might now and then be up for a little fun. Oh, girls just wanna have fun!
It's assuming a lot to think that every man that Sheba ever slept with .. . or plans to sleep with . . . is done with a sealing cerificate in mind. Or is that too mind boggling for you? Wink
If Sheba ever got together with Starbuck . . . or a Starbuckian type character . . . she would do so with eyes wide open. There would be no debris. Just afterglow. Rolling Eyes One of the things I loved about Sheba, was how she had Starbuck pegged within a few scenes of meeting him just before the Gamoray mission. The girl's no dummy.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindboggling? To boggle, one must HAVE a mind....
I think...

LZaza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, I don't believe we ever discussed her just staying single. Maybe if it didn't work out with Apollo, she'd turn into a career minded warrior.

I wonder what it is about our desire to see our favourite characters irretrievably entangled with another?
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps because Sheba is a multi-faceted personality, and obviously has more to give than just blasting Cylons. I can't imagine someone with that kind of energy not turning outwards, towards others.

LZaza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that all multi-faceted individuals must find love? Maybe it just doesn't work out? Perhaps she maintains more casual relationships?
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of COURSE! She's hot, sexy, and terribly cute.
Besides, it's TV.

LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about the fanfiction . . . which is so much more reality based, of course. Wink
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-cisely!!!

LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, more reality based might make her meet some supply officer and fall in love with him when he starts finding silk stockings. Not only that, but he works 0900-1700 centars, and is home to make her dinner every night when she gets back from patrol. He draws her a bath, adds the bubbles only he can get for her, and in another yahren they have their first child. Sheba decided to stay home and raise her children when that mind numbing fear strikes her about their ability to survive without her. She gains twenty pounds eating the supply officers special order chocolates, but he likes her a bit on the curvy side, because there's more to grab onto . . .

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: