ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extraterrestrial life.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Extraterrestrial life. Reply with quote

What do you believe? Life elsewhere? Intelligent beings? UFOs? Any and all stuff. What do you folks think?
And why?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in the story that facing the fact that there are hundreds of galaxies with thousands of planets, there MUST be life on some at least. It being intelligent remains to be seen, but I have no doubt there's life out there somewhere ("It's life, Jim, but not as we know it" Smile).

Further I'm fascinated by UFOs, crop circles and alien abductions. As a sceptic scientist I have yet to see the real proof that it's all extra terrestrial, but at least I'm open for it.

Problem is that fact and fiction do so much go hand in hand here. And Hollywood images are so much shaping peoples visions towards it, so I'll only believe it when I see it with my own eyes. Wink

But hey, ever since I saw E.T. in 1982, I hoped one day a sweet and lovely scientist guy like that would visit my place! I rather see it like that than the much grimmer opposite as them being the, acid for blood, killing monsters that will use our still half living bodies to grow their babies in (or any ovary abducting variant to that).

Marcel
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, given the size of the universe, I think God would waste neither time nor space.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Extraterrestrial life. Reply with quote

Senmut wrote:
What do you believe? Life elsewhere? Intelligent beings? UFOs? Any and all stuff. What do you folks think?
And why?

I'm curious at your replies to your own questions as well... Wink
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to see if I get any responses, and whether the thread becomes viable.
As for moi, yes, I do. I have no doubt the universe is filled with life.

MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senmut wrote:
I like to see if I get any responses, and whether the thread becomes viable.
As for moi, yes, I do. I have no doubt the universe is filled with life.

That's too simple! Intelligent or not? And I'd like an opinion on UFOs, cropcircles and alien abductions!

What I also find fascinating is that we (Hollywood, SF writers) always see alien life as something that matches us in size and species. They all have two arms, two legs, mouth, eyes, etc. and are either half our size or double our size. I think alein life could just as well be forms of energy (crop circles, lights moving at high speeds). And everybody's focussing on searching for alien life, like it's still something we have to discover. Who knows, it might already be here in a different dimension we can't see or is so small and already on our planet so long we don't see it as alien life anymore (like bacteria or maybe even something like fungus or cancer cells).
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAD wrote:

What I also find fascinating is that we (Hollywood, SF writers) always see alien life as something that matches us in size and species. They all have two arms, two legs, mouth, eyes, etc. and are either half our size or double our size. I think alein life could just as well be forms of energy (crop circles, lights moving at high speeds). And everybody's focussing on searching for alien life, like it's still something we have to discover. Who knows, it might already be here in a different dimension we can't see or is so small and already on our planet so long we don't see it as alien life anymore (like bacteria or maybe even something like fungus or cancer cells).

Different dimensions? Forms of energy?

Angels? Demons?

Breea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most definately believe that there is life out there..The proof being my great uncle worked for NASA as a designer for many of the space crafts. When I was 10 he came down and showed me pictures taken of Mars..

There were canals, and over passes that were to evenly seperated to just be an accident... He also told me that there were many things that NASA would never admit to or would ever see the light of day because it would cause such a stir. He never would explain what it was but always said.."Every thing you read about space and life out among the stars is not all fiction."

Breea
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breea wrote:
"Every thing you read about space and life out among the stars is not all fiction."

And he's just shown you pictures of the canals on Mars?!?! Hmmmm.... We want more! Very Happy
Breea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No this was back in the 60's...these were among the very first space shots taken.

Breea
Breea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were pictures that were taken from the Mariner 3 & 4..
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was that he "just" showed you the canals on Mars, but he might as well have a whole collection of pictures of the Aliens that were living in Area 51! Very Happy
Breea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may have had all kinds of pictures but i guess what with" national security" he couldn't show to much...i just remember how fascinated i was with them..i also remember him telling me if i ever wanted to join NASA and become a part of the space program he'd get me in..but he passed away before I was old enough to join..

however, I have made arragements that when I die..some of my ashes will be sent into space..I will not be bound to this earth when my heart can soar among the stars...
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breea wrote:
These were pictures that were taken from the Mariner 3 & 4..

It would have to have been Mariner 4 or later. Mariner 3 never made it to Mars. http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/past/mariner3-4.html
Unless of course we weren't told the truth...

Breea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right..I'm just not sure which one..I wish my uncle had lived longer so I could have found out more..I'm sure he had many secrets that he was never able to tell..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: