ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions for Anne

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Questions for Anne Reply with quote

Gang,

Do you have any questions for Anne that you'd like answered? Post them here. I have sporadic contact with her, and I'll submit a list for her from time to time. Just be polite.

Mike
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, it's hard to know where to begin!

1-When you took the part of Sheba, did you already know how groundbreaking it was, in terms of the roles for women in sci-fi, being a warrior and accepted equally with the men, or did that only dawn on you later?

2-I've always been somewhat confused on the matter of why the original cast did not participate in Galactica 1980, and was wondering if you could confirm or deny something I'd heard once before. That it was a case of the actors no longer being under contract at that point, and thus not being obligated to come back and do the show in the same way that Pierce Brosnan had to come back and do Remington Steele after it was cancelled? And if you had been asked, would you have returned, even knowing how inferior a project it was?

3-I enjoyed your guest appearances on BJ And The Bear (Pogo Lil had a lot of Sheba in her!). Was there ever any other talk of your appearing in more episodes in the series beyond the two you did?
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,

Let me respond to those, and see if I understand you correctly. I'm not saying you haven't made it clear, but I want to make sure.

1) She knows well now how groundbreaking it was, as the first female fighter pilot (unless you count Lost Planet of the Gods) ever. She did turn down an early role in BSG as either Serina or Athena because it was basically "stand back and cheer the boys on". The question you are asking is did she know it at the time that she was a woman getting equal status?

2) At Screenheroes, our good buddy MAD asked the group specifically if they were invited to 1980. Noah said that Kent McCord was already playing a grown up Boxey, so no reason to ask him. Jefferson was in it... Richard said he read the script and it listed Troy and Dillion as the main characters, so he felt like even if he was in it, it would have been filler material. Dirk said that he was NEVER approached initially about 1980. That it could have possibly been that his agent was asked and the agent turned it down. But I sure don't remember what Anne's response was. I'll have to go back and look at the dvd. But your question was would she have returned to the show if she knew ahead of time that it was a watered down version of the original.

3) That one even I can understand...
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, with #1 I am asking if she realized at the time she took the part just what a significant leap forward it was for her to be a woman playing that kind of character being accepted (and with the fact that she was a woman who was a pilot wasn't treated as anything out of the ordinary).

On #2, yeah if she had seen the script and been asked back would she have gone, even knowing it was an inferior product.

I have a feeling Richard's memory is off because the original G80 script Larson wrote had Apollo and Starbuck in the Troy and Dillon roles and Baltar in the role that became Xavier, which suggests that initially Larson was going to go the modern route with the traditional cast but because Richard and Dirk weren't going to do it (because they were not contractually obligated to come back) that meant the rest of the cast wasn't going to be asked.

To me, it is interesting that the cast members were not in the kind of situation where if a Galactica project had been revived in such a short time after ABC cancelled it that they were not locked into any obligations to return since there is so much precedent elsewhere for that kind of thing happening.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any film, show, episode, play whatever, that you enjoyed so much or were so impressed with that you'd actually do it again?

Did you ever consider or try to write an episode with Sheba, or contribute to any of the stories on BSG?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sen,

Will add those to the list.
epaddon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions! It's a real honor.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Hopefully you'll like what we've "done" to Sheba in our VS offerings, done in homage to a great character, and her creator.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
Breea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne,

As some one who also did the barrel racing and cutting scene ....Which was your favorite horse?

I had a 12 year old bay mustang named Cherokee Run who could really lay into the barrels..Many time as we slid around them i'd have to take my legs out of the stirups in order to keep from knocking the barrels when he cut in close...

Also did you do the complete cutting and reining classes...Did you ever do any team roping..I use to do headers..

Breea
Breea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you came here to Asheville for the judging of the film festival, what did you mind most impressive with the movies you saw?
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any great parts, historical or otherwise, that you wish you could have played?

monolith21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance that you might come down for Comic Con in San Diego? I know a lot of fans that would love to see ya!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: