ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Response to Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Anne Speaks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anne Lockhart
Site Hostess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Response to Questions Reply with quote

Quote:
1-When you took the part of Sheba, did you already know how groundbreaking it was, in terms of the roles for women in sci-fi, being a warrior and accepted equally with the men, or did that only dawn on you later?

Dear Eric,

While I have always tried to be conscious of the image I project, I certainly had no concept of Sheba being so 'groundbreaking'. I was surely proud of her strength and the complexity of her character. It was not until many years later that I was informed that Sheba was the first female regular-series character on prime time who was in combat on a weekly basis.

I did not wake up each morning and say to myself "I'm off to influence a generation of young women." I learned my lines, did the work to the best of my ability and went home and slept. A rare blessing as we worked such LONG hours!

Quote:
2-I've always been somewhat confused on the matter of why the original cast did not participate in Galactica 1980, and was wondering if you could confirm or deny something I'd heard once before. That it was a case of the actors no longer being under contract at that point, and thus not being obligated to come back and do the show in the same way that Pierce Brosnan had to come back and do Remington Steele after it was cancelled? And if you had been asked, would you have returned, even knowing how inferior a project it was?

My option for the series, along with everyone else's, had expired before G80 came to be. This is pure heresay (as opposed to heresy!), but the story I got was as follows:

ABC cancelled Galactica and the fan uproar was so huge that they realized they'd made a mistake. In an attempt to put Humpty Dumpty back together, I was told that agents for Richard and Dirk were the first approached. The agents responded "Open the Vault!"
(Mind you....this is 25+ year old gossip which I have NO way of proving!)
ABC then decided to go with the new concept of G80....ironically starring Barry Van Dyke and Kent McCord (BOTH dear friends of mine) who were THE EARLY CHOICES FOR STARBUCK AND APOLLO!!!! How weird is that??
Barry Van Dyke actually had his costumes made, a contract and a work call to play Starbuck in 1978. For more details, you gotta ask him, if he cares to talk about it.

As far as would I have appeared in G80...Nobody ever asked me to, so it's a moot point.

Quote:
3-I enjoyed your guest appearances on BJ And The Bear (Pogo Lil had a lot of Sheba in her!). Was there ever any other talk of your appearing in more episodes in the series beyond the two you did?

Pogo Lil was based on a REAL person. I cannot remember her name, but she was profiled on '60 Minutes' I think, back in the late 70s-early 80s. I remember seeing the piece and thought at the time how cool this gal was.

The very brilliant Michael Sloan wrote Pogo Lil, and I am to this day grateful to him and Glen Larson for that delicious, feisty character. I played her twice on BJ, and extra footage was used in a clip show as a 3rd episode.

Last edited by Anne Lockhart on Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anne Lockhart
Site Hostess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there any film, show, episode, play whatever, that you enjoyed so much or were so impressed with that you'd actually do it again?

Dear Senmut,

I have just closed OTHELLO for the summer Kingsmen Shakespeare Festival here in LA. EMILIA was the most complex and interesting character I've had the opportunity to play in a very long time and I had a ball. Wished we could have extended the run. Hope I can play EMILIA again sometime.

Quote:
Did you ever consider or try to write an episode with Sheba, or contribute to any of the stories on BSG?

No, I've never considered writing any fan fiction about BSG or Sheba. I do write, but have focused on other areas. I have been performing a 1 woman piece about a true character in Texas history for the last several years.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Anne Speaks All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: