ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheba: Her greatest strength?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taranis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAD wrote:

AL: Yeah, and you know what I just found out? They were going to kill me in the second season. They were going to kill me!

Its been a long time since I posted and I hope I am not bumping this post and that would be against the rules.

But it seems to me the story arch of the second season with the change in the characters and the
deaths would have killed the show after the second season.. and will all due respect to Mr Larson he had a good mix of characters with the elusive magic chemistry that makes something works ..... like Kirk Spock McCoy.

But he (Mr Larson) seems to mess with what works to much and ruins his own shows.

the cast and crew of the original BSG worked so well it was a magic combination.

I think Sheba would have been a great foil for Apollo to combat in a romantic and military aspect.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that's so bizarre about that memo for a S2 proposal is that with all due respect to Athena fans, they were killing off the wrong character. Since Maren Jensen was already gone from the show, it made no sense to keep the character recast with another actress and then bump off another character who had just been established on a much stronger basis with the viewers than Athena ever had been. And it would have I think created the proper dynamics of increasing angst for Apollo and Adama if they then have to go through the trauma of losing another family member (and this could easily serve the purpose of maybe providing a roadblock to an Apollo-Sheba romance if Apollo is more in a shell after losing his sister, and Sheba has to stay patient with him).
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will never understand the mind of TV writers. it's all so clear to us, the fans. What palnet do they live on?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that producers/writers etc. operate under such impossible deadlines and are juggling their hands with so many considerations about budget etc. and timeslot that unfortunately they never have the time or probably even the care to ask themselves if they understand the show the same way the fans watching do. I think with Galactica that happened on all levels from the get-go with the network and the people producing it, because that utter inability to grasp that the fans cared more about the storyline than they thought is why they presumed we'd accept something as absurd as "Galactica 1980".
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said. What planet...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: