ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'd change it if I could . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the card games lasted longer . . . Twisted Evil
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. You could build a bridge.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd change all the aliens in the pilot. Many looked cheap and weird. For all I cared the Cylons could have been the only aliens in the pilot. I liked Imperious Leader by the way. Especially without the iron wig it looked pretty cool.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the Ovions could have used a tad more work, but hey, the tech was different then. Now...

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, the absence of other alien races post-Saga in a way kind of enhanced the series in that it made deep space ahead of them seem more foreboding and eerie because there weren't all these alien races they could just bump into every week.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. it allowed the Fleet to concentrate more on Human concerns.

treker14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree. I think the absence of aliens races made space less foreboding. The fact that they were supposed to be the last of human kind, made it hard to believe that every planet they stopped at had humans living there. Did the Cylons follow them and wipe out the planet after they left to continue their quest for Earth? Were the Cylons only interested in the Galactica and her ragtag fleet? I know that special effects weren't great back then, but the appearence of more races like the Ovions or semi-humans like the Borellian Noman would have given the writers a larger universe to write about and made it a tad more scary for the humand of the fleet.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cylons could not have been ignorant of these Human settlements. After all, they had conquered Atilla. And Martin, who married Vela on Equellus, was a Colonial Warrior. In a crippled Viper, he couldn't have gone far, so the Cylons must have known about the people on Equellus. It may be that these settlements, having no military potential, were considered a low priority, until the Colonies were taken care of. The conquest of Atilla seems recent, so perhaps the process had already started.

treker14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong I understand the limit of special effects at the time and the need for the colonials to meet up with other humans. I just thought it might have been bit cooler to meet other races instead of humans from time to time like the Ovions from the pilot.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put. Budget. After the start-up, ABC was Scrooge-like, re budgetary matters. That's why so many shots had to be re-used, sadly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: