ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cain: The real man.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, except for the fact there WAS a Molacay Conspiracy Wink, Zaz is right.
Yee, ha!

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZaza wrote:

Oh, and when I said that it seemed the Cylons had never identified their adversary at Gamoray, I was referring to the former solo attacks by the Pegasus that Cain and crew bragged about in the first part, not the combo forces of Galactica and Pegasus later. In fact, that's what seems unlikeliest to me about that ep. The Cylons had never identified Cain and the Pegasus as being the attack force that was hitting them relentlessly in that sector.
Wink

Okay, this response is a year too late, but come back to the thread and we can argue it some more! Very Happy

This part I understand, in contrast to the matter of Baltar's seeming unfamiliarity with Cain still being alive, because the Cylon commanders in the Outer Capital, I don't think were anxious to telegraph to higher-ups in the Cylon command structure that they were having these constant problems with solo raids from Colonial vipers (it would make them look bad to the Imperious Leader, for whom it was essential to keep everything secret from and preserve the illusion of a smooth, operating facility). And the impression I got from the episode when Sheba described what they did in the past, you never would have had the Pegasus itself appearing close-enough to be spotted, but that they tended to do quick, daring raids that might have had the Cylons on the planet (I'm going to avoid giving my alternate spelling to avoid an argument there!) wondering if these were vipers from some isolated outpost, and not necessarily from a battlestar.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes sense. Like Spektre on Atilla, the Gamoray Base Commander obviously has the programming ability to lie to higher ups, thus keeping alot of information back. Also, Lucifer tells Baltar that there are only four squadrons of Raiders on the planet. Since Gamoray can't be moved like a ship, their ability to search the sector for the source of the Viper attacks would be limited, while Cain can keep moving.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to that, I think the Imperious Leader's visit was more in the category of a "surprise inspection" since naturally the base commander would not have wanted to see the prospect of Impy visiting at a time when more raids could have happened.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with the one Cylon's "uh oh" comment, when the ammo bunker went up. Obviously, someone had been keeping their data lines crossed, hoping that Cain wouldn't show up at the same time as Impy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: