ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'd change it if I could . . .
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LZaza

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: I'd change it if I could . . . Reply with quote

So what little nit-picky, tiddley little thing about BSG would you change if you could? Have a little fun with this. It's all meant in good humour.

I've seen many writers, watchers and readers of BSG suggest there's something they'd change about the series. From changing the Bridge Officer's uniforms to beige, to introducing woman's triad, to turning Baltar into a misunderstood victim. What don't you like about canon?

Me. I'd change the ambrosa. Instead of serving it in a high ball glass or goblet and making it look like cream soda, I'd have it more reminscent of a fine scotch. After all, this was the drink that the warrior's--from Cain and Adama to Starbuck--savoured. A fine liquor that aged in huge casks.

How about you? And remember, it's all in good fun, so the galaxy's the limit.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for one thing, I would not have reused the same FXshots so much. I realize that wasn't GL's fault; it was the Nitwerk, getting uber tight on the purse strings. But it would help. I would also have liked to have seen the engine room/s, and had the rest of their systems explained a bit more. But then I like machines, so...
That's it for now.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
LZaza

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get rid of the toggle switches in the Vipers. Very Happy
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the smudges off the canopies. It's the same for every launch... Wink

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without starting a whole discussion on the new series: I love the way vipers fly there, far better and more realistic (in the way object move in space) than in the original one. In a way I agree in that fact with Senmut too on reusing the SFX shots. The dogfights always looked the same and they could have made some new ones.

I'd delete the Ovions and all other weird, cheap looking Aliens in the pilot (and later episodes, except for count Iblis of course, but I don't consider him an alien; Oh, and the Borellian Noman are okay for me too). I'd focus on the Cylons as the sole alien race and I'd definitely would have like to have seen the Cylon home world and the lizzards they came from (and the whole evolution of the Cylons). I have a backstage mask shot of the Imperious Leader before all the iron spaghetti (which now kind serves as hair) was added. It's awesome! It's a real shame Glen Larson wasn't happy with it and it was never used in full light.

I'd like to have seen what ever happened to the Pegasus.

I'd like to have seen more stronger female characters, besides Sheba. If you read the scripts/storylines you can clearly see that they watered down the part of Athena. I defintely would like to have seen her get a bigger part.

I'd like to have seen a second and a third season (instead of Galactica 1980).

I'd like to have seen a bigger part for Baltar, especially in the last couple of episodes. I'd also like to have seen the quality of storylines, sfx, acting, guest parts, etc. of all the double episodes continue a bit more in the single episodes.

I like to have seen some more of the interiors/exteriors other ships in the fleet, like the Colonial Movers, Three Disc Ship, etc.

And yes LZaza, I would definitely like to have seen Triad for women. Very Happy (though the women on special mission in the black cat suits already got me all excited! Wink)
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a women's triad league in one of my fics. The Children Of Zohr.

MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senmut wrote:
There is a women's triad league in one of my fics. The Children Of Zohr.

Great! I'd rather hoped to see the film footage though. Wink
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.

Battle of the Triad Squadrons, next, on IFB.

MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Let's see: I'd go for Athena and Aurora in the blue team against Cassie and Sheba in the red team. Let the games begin! I'm putting down 50 cubits on red. Very Happy

(sorry LZaza, guy's fantasy here, but you started it! Smile)
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in my fic, TCOZ, Athena and Sheba are on opposite teams.
Wait till Colonial Ladies Mud Grappling premieres! Shocked

LZaza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAD wrote:
Hmmm... Let's see: I'd go for Athena and Aurora in the blue team against Cassie and Sheba in the red team. Let the games begin! I'm putting down 50 cubits on red. Very Happy

(sorry LZaza, guy's fantasy here, but you started it! Smile)

No problem, Marcel. But you see the real beauty of BSG was that even though you guys wish you had seen ladies triad, the show was all about the boys. So, Triad was designed to feature Starbuck, Apollo and Boomer. Gotta love my BSG!!!!! Very Happy
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEXIST!

You sexist p...uh...sow!

MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senmut wrote:
SEXIST!

You sexist p...uh...sow!

LOL!

But who else were in your teams to support Sheba and Athena (or were these mere side characters)?

Hmmmm... Mud wrestling, huh? I'd love to have seen some mudwrestling between Cassie and Aurora (since the fight over Starbuck between Cassie and Athena was clearly won by Cassie... we need another catfight). Of course it wouldn't be possible in this universe but a mudfight between Serina and Sheba would also be classic. Women always are meanest when fighting over a man. Wink

Last edited by MAD on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
LZaza

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the man, boys. He definitely has to be worth it.

Besides, there are other ways to win a man besides fighting . . . sometimes you just have to let him chase you until you catch him.

Wink
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmm......... Dare we ask?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Battlestar Galactica All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: