ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spammer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epaddon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say that I applaud the thorough effort you two are doing to keep those reprobates out of here. If it means we have to settle for a smaller membership pool for a time, so be it. I think you can rely on us regulars to keep things active here and to also keep contributing things to the site in general tomake it a major resource for information about Anne and her career.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now finally found a way to keep spambots from registering. For any of you who had checked the memberslist these past months, probably must have noticed at least 2-3 new members EVERY DAY. Well, it's a tedious job to remove all of those spambot-members one by one every ouple of weeks (plus it doesn't help either since they'll return just as fast). I've now included a small script which doesn't allow new users to add website, ICQ, MSN, e-mail address, place of origin, hobbies or signature. The trick is: they can be filled in, but there's a BIG red warning sign that your account won't be activated if you do. Of course spambots can't read and these spambots of course always enter something in these areas (especially under "website"). The trick seems to work, because I haven't had one new member these past 2 week (while normally we'd have at least 15 new spam members). I'm even opening up the self activation again, so real (human) members will get access immediately. There still is a very slim chance a spammer will enter the forum and post, but he'll at least be human. Smile
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't we just shoot 'em?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot what? It's just toasters siging up here, not humans. Hmmm... Come to think of it: let's cyber blast them to smithereens.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Blow 'em all to gluons!

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: