ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parts we would love to see her in.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Parts we would love to see her in. Reply with quote

Simple enough. Think of your fav movie, TV show, whatever. Think what the various female parts would look like, or be like, with Our Heroine in them. If you could wave your magic wand, what parts would you like to see her bring her magic to?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts we would love to see her in. Reply with quote

Senmut wrote:
Simple enough. Think of your fav movie, TV show, whatever. Think what the various female parts would look like, or be like, with Our Heroine in them. If you could wave your magic wand, what parts would you like to see her bring her magic to?

How about Trinity in The Matrix, because I know Anne looks good fighting in leather! Embarassed Very Happy

On the same train of thought: she would have done great as Emma Peel next to Patrick Macnee in the classical TV series of The Avengers...
epaddon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't quite sure what direction this thread was going to go in with alternate roles, but now that Mad has broken the ice, I'll cast a vote for Anne as Isis in the Saturday morning live action show of the mid-70s (even though I'm a great fan of Joanna Cameron, who did the role). Ironically, an episode of that show was one of Laurette Spang's earlier pre-Galactica guest shots.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts we would love to see her in. Reply with quote

MAD wrote:

On the same train of thought: she would have done great as Emma Peel next to Patrick Macnee in the classical TV series of The Avengers...

Hhmm........ Sheba and Iblis. Cool!

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've seen some images of her Shakespearian theatrical work I can't help seeing her in an epic part:

Lady Marion (originally Olivia de Havilland) opposite Errol Flynn in The Adventures of Robin Hood

or

Varinia (originally Jean Simmons) opposite Kirk Douglas in Kubrick's (Mann's) Spartacus

She also would have been great as Jeanne d'Arc in La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc (1928). It might be especially interesting to see her in this silent movie.

Marcel
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could easily see her doing the Brigit O'Shaunessey part form The Maltese Falcon.

MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm going to hurt some original series fans with this one, but I'd love to have seen her as Cain in the new Galactica series. If Cain had to be woman, Anne should have be been the most obvious choice. Michelle Forbes was way too young to play Cain and they should have picked a more "mature woman" (sorry Anne!)

Marcel
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point, though I cannot agree. As to mature...well, a fine wine is mature as well. Nothing wrong with that!

Smile

Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more ideas, folks? There must be some zingers out there.

epaddon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's hard for me to consider beacuse I usually think of actresses in other roles only in terms of what would have been contemporaneous parts for them, so that's why I couldn't instinctively think of Anne (or anyone else her age) in a part from a 30s movie or something like that.

So for now, I'm kind of stuck with the Isis Saturday morning show, and maybe for good measure Daisy Duke on Dukes Of Hazard (going by Anne's performance on BJ And The Bear).

I wouldn't have minded using Anne for the female Cain role in that other program (G-I-N-O) but I would have had trouble seeing her in the part the way it was written, in which the female Cain was ultimately a sadist. That isn't Anne, and it isn't emblematic of the kind of warrior Anne represented as Sheba.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, EP. Sadism just doesn't fit with the Sheba character, in any incarnation.
I could easily see her in the Brenda Wyatt role in Highlander. She would also have been excellent in the female lead in the original WOTW. Believable.

Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think of it, she would have been a riot as Madame Clouseau, in The Pink Panther. The shower scene would be a total scream with her.

Last edited by Senmut on Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAD wrote:

Varinia (originally Jean Simmons) opposite Kirk Douglas in Kubrick's (Mann's) Spartacus

The more I give that some thought, I agree with that, and I could also add to that the other epic role Jean Simmons was noted for, that of Diana in "The Robe."
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lygia, in Quo Vadis.

Captmiloman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Greatest American Hero". What if Pam Davidson had a sister? I recall June made a couple of appearences as Pam's mother. That would have been interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: