ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newspaper Articles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Newspaper Articles Reply with quote

Since my two RL occupations are both history teacher and reference librarian, I spend a lot of time going through data bases looking for old articles that can help me in research projects. One great new resource I found recently is called newspaperarchive.com, which gives me from my computer access to the microfilms of scores of local newspapers that have become part of this service. When you stop to remember that most libraries will only have an old New York Times index, finding old local papers is usually a daunting task until now!

Anyway, on a lark I decided to see if there were any articles of note mentioning Anne and to my surprise I found quite a few, including a UPI write-up of her at age four getting her first acting part, and a big two page profile interview from a Long Beach, CA paper in the summer of 1972. I was able to download all of these articles and hope to pass them along to Mike and Marcel eventually for them to make use of (they're in the pdf format). They reveal a lot more about Anne in the earlier stages of her career.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part was she doing at age four?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something called "T Is For Tumbleweed". Click on the actress link section of the site and you can click for a description of that particular project.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, that's fantastic! We certainly don't have any articles from before 1978. You can e-mail either me or Mike by clicking on our names in the footer of the webpage. The addresses are forwarded to our own.

"T for Tumbleweed" was an short 18 minutes artmovie that was even nominated for an Academy Award. It was Anne's first actual part she ever played at the age of four. We've searched for this actual movie as well, but it was never brought out on video or DVD.

The 1972 article does also sound like a very interesting read.
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the interview Marcel and I had with her at Screenheroes, here's a little something she said about it:

Quote:
The first thing I ever did I was four years old. I did a short film, that a friend of my mothers was producing, and it was called T is for Tumbleweed. It was very like The Red Balloon. I don't know if you guys ever saw The Red Balloon? It was very sweet, it was about a little girl.(thinks about her last statement) About a little girl, of course it's about me, you know. (laughing) The opening of the picture some bully boys take my red hair ribbon out and use it as a finish line for a foot race. It was shot in the desert in New Mexico, and a tumbleweed comes along and picks up my ribbon, and I chase my ribbon. It's just a short film, and it was actually nominated for an academy award as best short subject of 19..(coughs) (laughing) 57 or 58 or something like that, and it was playing pretend. I loved it, and it's want I wanted to do.

Eric, by all means email it to me. I'll type it out and make sure the pictures get in as well.

A BIG addition! Thanks!
Mike
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember The Red Balloon from school. Saw that when I was about 7 or 8. If "T" is of that caliber, it sounds terrific. Does anyone know if it is available anywhere? If AL owns a copy, might she release it for her fans?

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent out 11 articles to Mike, so just in case you don't have them yet, that will be my cue to try again.

Interestingly, the same UPI reporter who wrote the profile piece when she was four also was writing the profiles still in the mid-70s.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've searched for it, but never found it. It's never been brought out. I doubt if Anne has a copy, because she was just four when it was filmed. You'd rather think a mother would keep a copy of that! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: