ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Non-Galactica Role?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epaddon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Favorite Non-Galactica Role? Reply with quote

I think it's safe to say most of us would regard Sheba to be our favorite role that Anne's played. Anyone got a favorite non-Galactica appearance or role of hers?

Mine would be her two appearances on "BJ And The Bear" the year after Galactica. "Pogo Lil" had a little bit of Sheba's persona in her!
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, she was really good as the professional killer on an ep of Murder, She Wrote. Her appearance in an ep of Diagnosis Murder was a hoot, too!

So, THIS is where you've been hiding, EP. Found ya at last!
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite other part is in the Buck Rogers episode "A Dream of Jennifer", a great double role, since she's playing two characters in that episode.

I also quite enjoyed Joyride as well.

Marcel
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think her most dramatic role was in an episode of Promised Land. In it, Anne plays a wife stricken with cancer. She thinks she witnesses a miracle by a man, and tracks him down and hounds him to bless her to cure her of her cancer. After repeated attempts, he finally gives in just to give her peace of mind. She then quits her chemotherapy, and dies at the end of the episode.

CBS sent a tape of this episode to the emmy committee to try to nominated her for an emmy for best guest actress in a series.
epaddon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the Emmy committee should have given her some consideration for that episode. I never saw much of that series, but based on that episode I appreciated how it gave a refreshingly positive view of religion that sadly you don't see much of nowadays.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epaddon wrote:
I agree, the Emmy committee should have given her some consideration for that episode. I never saw much of that series, but based on that episode I appreciated how it gave a refreshingly positive view of religion that sadly you don't see much of nowadays.

What? Give a show that treats religion positively a good nod?
ARE YOU KIDDING???????? Shocked

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because it so seldom happens that that's why it's nice to see those rare occasions when it does happen.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epaddon wrote:
It's because it so seldom happens that that's why it's nice to see those rare occasions when it does happen.

Indeed. One could faint from the shock!

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remembered another nice part. She played the younger version of her mother's part in Troll. Noah Hathaway (Boxey in Battlestar Galactica) also starred in that. The movie itself wasn't that special, but I liked the costume and the couple of scenes she did on that.

I have yet to see her perform on one of her Shakespearian plays, but I also do like the costumes on those.

Makes you wonder why she never did epic movies. I think she would have been perfect in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves or opposite Mel Gibson in Braveheart... Wink
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of ironic, but Anne never had any scenes with Noah in Galactica that got on the air. There was a scene cut from WOTG, but used in the telemovie where they were in the same shot (from when Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba return to the Galactica after their encounter with the SOL and Boxey is there) but the end of Troll was the only time they ever had an actual scene together.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably because some Hollyweird jerk of a casting director decided that since she's done Sci-Fi, she can't do "serious" stuff. Now, we know that she can, but some folks can't see beyond some past role. Hopefully, someone will open their eyes, and see what she is capable of.
Imagine her as Lady MacBeth! Or in The Merry Wives Of Windsor!

MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epaddon wrote:
It's kind of ironic, but Anne never had any scenes with Noah in Galactica that got on the air. There was a scene cut from WOTG, but used in the telemovie where they were in the same shot (from when Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba return to the Galactica after their encounter with the SOL and Boxey is there) but the end of Troll was the only time they ever had an actual scene together.

True, but I didn't typically like the movie because Noah was in it. I thought it was nicer that Anne starred next to her mother in it (though they didn't have scenes together either because they're the same person).

Marcel
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like the Magnum P.I. episode she did where she played the younger version of the character in the scenes that took place in 1941 and June played the character in the present (in a similar vein, Jose Ferrer played the older version of the man her character was in love with, and his son Miguel Ferrer played the younger version in the flashbacks).
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Buck Rogers episode she plays "another version" of herself. She was Buck's love interest, Jennifer, before his fateful NASA mission and Leila Markeson, a woman that must impersonate Jennifer, 500 years later. I found that interesting since we get to see two sides to more or less the same character. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sen,

She was in the play The Merry Wives of Windsor as Mistress Quickly.

She said she felt like an idiot for not doing live acting until later in life, but wasn't frustrated about it because Shakespeare had parts for all ages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: