ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mixed Messages
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starbuck was juggling lady friends. NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!

And film at 6!

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
LZaza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Eric. TTC did seem to take away from the Starbuck/Athena relationship, infering it was less than we had imagined, especially considering the locker room scene.
The Starbuck/Athena relationship was an interesting one. I recall recently noticing in a scene where the boys are in triad gear Laughing and Athena is walking along with SB and they're obviously doing some heavy flirting, but the scene is mostly background and subdued, and this was after the double dating fiasco where STarbuck and Athena weren't supposed to be an item anymore. Could have been War of the Gods. It was as though they had always flirted on some level and were just comfortable reacting to one another in that way.
I like Marcel's point about how Starbuck could look back on his relationship with Aurora and imagine it as greater than it was. Obviously, it wasn't huge if she didn't bother letting him know she was alive when he had assumed her dead. (Exactly like Adama had assumed Ila dead, btw.)
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, but my take on Aurora was that although she was hot, she was selfish, jealous, and self-centered. "He didn't come rescue me from the rubble! What a cad! Boo-hoo!" Well, he tried, and my guess is that she might have caught sight of him at some point before TLC, and if he wasn't wailing in mourning, in scakcloth with ashes on his head, he obviously didn't care. Doubly so if he was with Athena/Cassie. If she hadn't been so childish, much of the horrid mess on the Celestra, as well as the loss of Cronus, could have been avoided.
Hey, a 10 bod, but Starbuck is well rid of her.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
LZaza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Starbuck would date someone self-centered . . . would seem to take away from her potential adoration of him. Wink
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think her personality was the first thing he noticed. Cool

epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not the first thing, but Starbuck is at least discriminating enough to factor in the value of one after first introductions.

Maybe we need to see a story some day of someone throwing herself at Starbuck, and he in annoyance has to keep thinking of ways to get her to back off because he's not interested. Wink
LZaza

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they did that in the books. There was a character named Hera that threw herself at Starbuck. He was put off--which is slightly reminiscent of that scene on Carillon where Cassie and Athena duked it out over him, and he decided he'd rather play cards Very Happy . Apparently, Starbuck likes to do the pursuing, Viper or no.

In the books, Cassie and Starbuck ceased to be an item as well. Though, I haven't actually read the book where that came about. (wrote a couple though Wink )
epaddon

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hatch books? (as opposed to the original ones after the episode novelizations) Glad I steered clear of them, because since Hera is the name of Apollo and Sheba's daughter in two fanfic universes of mine, I couldn't handle Starbuck romancing anyone with that name! Smile
LZaza

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I was steered clear of the Hatch books by Sanna and Maggie. I meant the Larsen books.

Which stories are you referring to where Apollo and Sheba had kids? Don't think I've read those.
epaddon

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there was the first set of stories I ever wrote in 1993-94 which were set 15 yahrens after the series and which I don't like to call attention to any longer because being the first stories I ever wrote, I'm not particular impressed with them any longer.

However, I did retain the idea of Apollo and Sheba having a daughter named Hera in the POTA crossover story where she as a grown warrior is a major character.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And an excellent Xover it was.
But as to SB...I think he would pursue almost any hot-looking babe, but duck as soon as he sees she has a clinging, possessive character. Cassie does not strive to possess, and despite some measure of jealousy, neither does Athena. But Aurora is a a shrew who can see green easily, and I think that if the Armstice had come off, he would have dropped her fairly soon. His actions with Athena in the locker room bespeak, to me, one who thinks his other lover is dead.
Just my take.

LZaza

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that whole Aurora situation hit me from left field, taking away from Athena/Starbuck.

Perhaps he thought he loved them both, and was biding his time and letting the 'hand play out', but when the Destruction wiped out everything and everyone--including Aurora--his knee jerk reaction was to try and hold onto Athena anyhow/anyway.

And hers was to withdraw.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, me too. Inserting yet another skirt for SB to be angsting over was a mistake. A better plotline would have been say a disgraced classmate, or a striped and moduled Warrior, pulling felcercarb on the Celestra. Maybe even someone from the orphanage, but not another squeeze.

LZaza

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good point. It would have been a much better ep.

You really despised that character, I've noticed. What is it about Aurora that rots your socks, Sen?
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...she didn't launder them?????? Sad

Seriously, she comes across as a selfish, self-centered shrew. She acts as if the universe revolves around her, and despite having a new lover, she still rips Starbuck for not dropping everything to come find her. He is not exactly a low-profile kind of guy, and with all the time he's been on IFB or whatever, she could have sent him a note at the very least. Pout, pout, POUT! Okay, SB didn't rescue her. Well, if her house was a crater now, and remembering that all survivng Warriors had about ten million things to do even before they left the Colonies, he didn't exactly have scads of leisure time to go and look for her. He figured she was dead, and once he had recovered from the shock of the initial disaster, she was the last thing he was thinking about.
Had things worked out at Cimtar, I think they would have split before much longer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: