ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Fanfic Story Coming Soon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epaddon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: New Fanfic Story Coming Soon Reply with quote

I'll be posting a second fanfic story here very soon, which is not directly connected the "VS" project that Sen and I are doing with the other stories, but from my standpoint is "canon" to that particular universe.

Basically this is a reworking of a story I previously wrote called "Homeward Bound" in which Commander Cain, about to face his last battle, recalls the time he met his wife, who in my fantasy casting world would have been played by June Lockhart. Because that story used a flashback framing device set in the universe of the first fanfic stories I wrote in the early 90s, and which I'm not too proud of any longer, I decided I wanted to rework it by retaining the basic flashback story of how Cain met his wife (bad Biblical history pun there) but with a new, generic framing device so it could take place in any fanfic universe.

The only thread of a clue about Sheba's mother comes from the original "Living Legend" novelization which mentions the strong physical resemblance Sheba had with her mother, which naturally means you can't think of anyone other than June in the mind's eye. Building off that idea has been one of the more interesting challenges I've done in fanfic over the years, and I think the results you'll find interesting.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: New Fanfic Story Coming Soon Reply with quote

epaddon wrote:
I decided I wanted to rework it by retaining the basic flashback story of how Cain met his wife (bad Biblical history pun there) but with a new, generic framing device so it could take place in any fanfic universe.

No, not a bad pun, EP, but we know you're quite able to do better.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: New Fanfic Story Coming Soon Reply with quote

epaddon wrote:
who in my fantasy casting world would have been played by June Lockhart.

It's very hard to imagine any other actress for the part now! Razz

It reminds me of cool parts June and Anne did together where Anne usually played the younger version of June's part.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In certain poses, she looks sooooooooooooooooooooo like her mom.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite true. And the one time where the young June Lockhart really looked exactly like Anne would at the same age is in "Meet Me In St. Louis". I remember my jaw dropping open when I saw how identical the resemblance was.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that in the trolley scene?

epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's toward the end of the film when June is all done up in a formal gown (I forget most of the plot. I think she was a would-be rival to Judy Garland's love interest in the film but turned out to be all nice and understanding) before some party or ball. I immediately kept seeing Anne as Sheba at the end of WOTG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: