ANNE ANNE LOCKHART
FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ahh Sheba.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
monolith21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Ahh Sheba. Reply with quote

Hey there! First post so I thought I'd drop in and say hello. This site is awesome!

I can remember having a conversation back in middle school that went something along the lines of "Are you an Athena, Cassiopeia or Sheba kinda guy." I had that conversation again in High School in the mid nineties and again last week. The answer will always be...Sheba all the way!

That character was so great and Anne played it so right on! She just had this "mess with me and I'll put you down...and look good doing it!" Vibe.

I love that she was a warrior and yet still remained feminine. I hate the notion that in order to be equals women have to become this sort of butch stereotype.

Such a great role model character for young girls and boys alike and I can't imagine any other actress pulling that off. Laughing
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Sheba most definately had the "can function in a rotten environment and still be a woman" aura. She did it with aplomb. My take on her, speaking of course as an old-fashioned chauvinistic patriarchalist sexist pig Smile Wink is that Sheba chose her path in life, not solely because of her father and how she was raised, but because of a strong inborn sense of duty, which would not let her sit by and enjoy a safe, protected life, while others were out on the war fronts, defending her civilization. In an Earth context, I see her as someone who wouldn't just drive the ambulance, but who gets out and digs in the rubble for survivors without a second thought.
Being the daughters of celebrated Warriors, I suspect that both she and Athena have alot in common, under the surface.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
epaddon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of intruding the whole controversy regarding a certain current sci-fi series into this, I think the guy who dreamed up that "reimagining" didn't have any conception of what kind of character Sheba was and how she fit into the scheme of things before he dreamed up his idea of a reimagined Starbuck that was based on all the old cliches of female warriors that Sheba refreshingly broke free of.
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which only proves what I have often said, re the Hollyweird bunch. 90% of those empty suits have NO creative or imaginative faculty. Period. Put something good, solid, and filled with dramatic moment, like AL's performance as Sheba, and they are blind to it. They wouldn't know what constituted a "strong female character" is she came up and bit them on their astrums.

Et verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis: et vidimus gloriam ejus, gloriam quasi Unigenti a Patre, plenam gratiae et veritas.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Ahh Sheba. Reply with quote

monolith21 wrote:
I can remember having a conversation back in middle school that went something along the lines of "Are you an Athena, Cassiopeia or Sheba kinda guy." I had that conversation again in High School in the mid nineties and again last week. The answer will always be...Sheba all the way!

We had the same discussion! I always said I liked Cassiopeia because of the sexual tension she had over her as a socialator (and it completely didnít help making her a nurse later, it was stuck in everybodyís mind anyway!) I liked Athena for her looks, she was flat out beautiful. And I liked Sheba because she was such a tomboy and I thought she was kind of smart too. I even liked Rigel with her cute braids.

Actually, come to think of it, there wasnít a woman in the main cast I couldnít fell in love with! Very Happy
Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheba was also stunning in the dress she wore at dinner in Adama's quarters, when the SOL beings revealed the course to Earth.
Pant. Pant. Drool. Cool

MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, since you brought up the subject, this is my favorite dress (Murder on the Rising Star) for Sheba:

Senmut
Persona Specialitas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love those Jacques Cousteau shorts!

epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senmut wrote:
Sheba was also stunning in the dress she wore at dinner in Adama's quarters, when the SOL beings revealed the course to Earth.
Pant. Pant. Drool. Cool

Now that my avatar is in place, you can do that everytime you see a post of mine! Laughing
LZaza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAD wrote:
Actually, since you brought up the subject, this is my favorite dress (Murder on the Rising Star) for Sheba:

Coincidentally, I was fond of Starbuck's attire in that shot! Wink
epaddon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever think someone's approached the triad players in the Fleet about posing for some kind of calendar in their playing uniforms? Wink
LZaza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Now you're onto something! Yes, we need a calendar! Warrior of the Sectar! A big fund raiser for the Orphan Ship. I'd buy one.

Now, admittedly, the boys on the list might not have been looking as closely as I did, but has anyone noticed the scar on Apollo's abdomen? Laser mending obviously not at its finest. Oops. Rolling Eyes
mikedx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was Cassi/Sheba/Athena questions similar to Mary Ann or Ginger.

For me, it was Sheba all the way. My first crush. When I told her that, she dropped what she was doing and gave me a big hug. I was afraid she'd think I was fruity.
epaddon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you, Mike! Very Happy

Never was any contest for me either.
MAD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikedx wrote:
For me, it was Sheba all the way. My first crush. When I told her that, she dropped what she was doing and gave me a big hug. I was afraid she'd think I was fruity.

I was there when it happened. He was so impressed, he even forgot the paper with all our questions after the interview. Anne saw it and kept them out of sight from the next guy interviewing. After the interview, she called Mike over and returned the paper and told him she took care that the other guy didn't see them. I thought that was really sweet...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANNE LOCKHART Forum Index -> Main Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: